Saturday, March 7, 2015

Technique Tuesday - Out Of This World

Hello everyone!!! I hope you have had a wonderful Saturday. Today has been very nice and creative for me. I received a special order from my son Tim yesterday. He wishes to have a drawing book. We can't buy it in a stationary shop because they don't offer enything too tasteful. Do you remember the drawing book? Many kids had this book when I was a girl. We swapped them and drew pictures or wrote citations. I have been keeping my drawing book as memories of my classmates, friends and family of course. It's pleasant to browse it sometimes. And it's great to know that children today have similar hobbies.

Well, I thought about a theme for the boy's drawing book because the boy's one is unusual. Finally I choose a universe scene, using stamp set "Out Of This World" from Technique Tuesday. And here is the result of my creativity.


Firstly I cut the base of the cover from corrugated board (size 6 x 7") and inner white pages (size 5-13/16 x 6-13/16", weight 240 g/m2). Secondly I made a universe background, using a watercoloring technique and drawing. When the background was dried, I sprayed the background by Shimmer Spritz to get the shimmer look. I colored small pieces for the universe scene and added Glossy Accents on the top of the flying saucer to get the glass look. When the book was bound I added the prepared small pieces.




My son is very happy and I wish him many unforgettable keepsakes in his drawing book!

Thanks for stopping by today!!! I wish you a wonderful Sunday!!!
Hugs Jenna


S u p p l i e s :

1 comment:

  1. This book is fantastic! Soon it will be living great adventures!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING ME A COMMENT TO BRIGHTEN MY DAY ♥